- Bachelor’s degree in water and sanitation engineering, civil engineering, Public Health, or relevant technical WASH specialization.
- 2 - 3 years of work experience in a position related to WASH project coordination.
- Ability to self – manage on a technical level and to take the initiative in daily ops
- Very good coordination skills
- Training and mentoring experience with field technical colleagues
- Excellent inter – personal, communications and representative skills
- Experience working with host governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs
- Enhance donor relations in emergency/humanitarian context
- Adaptability and ability to re-priorities according to the changing context
- Able to work effectively and creatively within a team.
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature, respectful, and impartial manner
- Extensive experience in project cycle management
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. WATAN reserves the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
Any published closing dates are estimated. WATAN has right to close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible