- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Fluent in Arabic & English (strong written and verbal skills)
- Experience working in the Syrian context and/or a strong demonstrated understanding of the country context and the region
- Leadership experience managing WASH Projects or a similar role in the relevant humanitarian and development sectors.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in WASH Projects Management
- Travel availability: frequent visits to the field
- PMP certified
- Largely independent performance of task within a given task-related scope of action and decision-making; alternative courses of action are possible.
- Disciplinary leadership of staff in several projects
- Experience with data management, especially in the analysis of large sets of data and in data illustration
- Experience with remote management
- Comprehensive understanding of the Syrian conflict and context
- Competence with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Great presentation and communication skills
- Strong management skills
- Reporting skills
- Strong knowledge in budgeting.
- Ability to build the capacity of the team
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, responsible, flexible, culturally sensitive.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate