- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent and/or minimum 2-3 years relevant work experience, preferably in the shelter with an International Non-Government Organization (INGO)
- Good understanding of Shelter and CCCM in activities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of the importance of gender and participation in Humanitarian work.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is desired.
- Ability to work effectively under stress in emergency situations.
- Strong computer program skills (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent skills in contractor’s management.
- Candidate must be willing to travel and work in difficult conditions
- Committed to sharing skills with other staff and building up the capacity of staff.
- Demonstrated attention to details, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Remote management of programs
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to WATAN, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. WATAN is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
WATAN expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. WATAN employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside WATAN.
Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidate